Anya Christina Emmanuella Jenkins from Buffy: the Vampire Slayer
I love a funny lady character, and I adored Anya on my TV screen. I was saddened, however, that a character who was supposed to be over 1,000 years old didn’t have her past explored in a way I would’ve liked. (I also didn’t appreciate her being canon fodder for Joss Whedon’s kill list so Xander could cry a single tear from his one eye.) Anya was under-appreciated, which made me create a lot of personal canon and really enjoy the canon that others wrote for her in their fanfiction.
5 things from my personal canon for Anya
1. One of Anya’s favorite albums is Carol King’s Tapestry.
2. Anya loves jasmine tea because it reminds her of the first time she visited China and wore silk against her skin. Of course, the blood really never came out of that silk after she cut a cheating man’s head off.
3. Anya and Giles had one passionate weekend together, and they told no one. They told each other that they’d reevaluate it after the apocalypse.
4. Anya’s favorite painter is Edgar Degas, and she detests most art made after 1920.
5. Besides immortality and easy transportation, changing her face is the thing Anya misses most about being a vengeance demon. Which is why she dyes her hair so often.
Watch Anya’s canon on Buffy: the Vampire Slayer and then add your own.